Updated: Dec 29, 2018
4. Airports are dirty, germy, nasty, places. It you don't already have a 15-hour bladder, start working on it now. Be prepared to move throughout the terminal and the plane without touching things with your actual hands. If possible, do not breathe during your flight. If you must, be prepared with anti-Ebola facial gear.
5. Always send thank you notes.
6. Do not post on Facebook that your house will be uninhabited from May 21st at 1:00 pm, to May 24th at 6:30, and the dog will be at the kennel. By the same token, it’s never a good idea to post that your husband will be away for the week and you will be home alone... unless you would like to be part of a True Crime Podcast.
7. If you get the chance to have freshly-churned ice cream, but it's only 9:30 am, for the love of God, get the ice cream. You are on vacation. And please, don't skip the whipped cream.
8. When you are at a wedding and Burn Rubber comes on but your husband doesn’t want to dance, get up and dance, anyway. #choosedancing.
9. Throw kindness around like confetti. At the hotel, on public transportation, in town... wherever you are, let your little light shine.
10. Tip generously. Many people rely on tips to make a living wage.
11. Quit yer whining. There are reasons to complain and reasons to rejoice in almost any situation. Choose JOY.
12. Nap whenever possible.
13. When you visit friendly and picturesque places like Portsmouth, NH, and you are tempted to move there, don't forget, #winter.